Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda
What makes Chimpanzee Trekking an Exciting Experience in Uganda?
Uganda is well known for its exiting Chimpanzee trekking expeditions that occur year after year throughout the year: First, the country’s good climatic- weather conditions exhibited during rainy season and dry seasons is one major factor that make Uganda Chimpanzee trekking is a year-round exciting tour experience; although Chimpanzee trekking tour activities are more friendly during the dry season (September to December, plus Jan and February). Else, the rainy season is characterized with slippery trails, dense vegetation cover, and muddy and wet potions of the trail, posing some exciting challenges to the semi-physically fit tourists to double their effort until the end of the game.
Second, Uganda is endowed with over 5000 Chimpanzees, spreads across different National parks, such as, Kibale Forest National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, (Kyambura gorge), Murchison Falls National Park (Budongo Forest reserve), Including Semiliki Wildlife reserve, Kalinzi Forest Reserve, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary; and Wildlife Conservation Education Centre (UWCECX)-Entebbe Zoo, where the most vulnerable Chimpanzee are protected and cared for. This presents a great opportunity for the tourists to select a destination of choice to carry out Chimpanzee trekking .
Third, An experienced park ranger briefs the guests purposely to cultivate confidence and readiness among the tourists. The briefing session covers information about the jungle, the behaviour and challenges faced by the Chimpanzees in their natural habitat, the importance of conserving Chimpanzees plus information on what tourists should do and not do while trekking Chimpanzees increases their desire to trek the Chimps, while enjoying a rewarding authentic experience. Chimpanzee habituation experience offers tourist opportunity to spend more hours watching the primate
Why Uganda is the best destination for primate trekking in Africa?
Chimpanzee trekking is an exciting expedition in Uganda because of the following reasons:
- The chances of finding and watching Chimpanzees in their natural habitat is far above 90% because most Chimpanzee destination in Uganda offer Chimpanzee habituation experiences.
- It is very easy to secure a Chimpanzee tracking permits from UWA or National Forestry Authority way a head before the trekking date knocks.
- Walking through the secret jungle under the guidance of an experienced Uganda Wildlife guide is a rare opportunity that if it happens makes a guest to feel like being in a new world.
- Hearing excellent history and stories about Chimpanzees and the forest widens the guests’ understand about the area
- Comparatively, the cost of accommodation is far much lower in Ugandan lodges and hotels throughout the year with exception of the four months of June to September, often referred to a the peak season for tourist in Uganda. Chimpanzee trekking is much cheaper during the rainy season because of fewer number of tourists in the country.
- All Tour packages for Chimpanzee trekking can accommodate ‘adds-on’ activities in a manner that allows the tourist to enjoy extra tour attractions, such as, game drive, boat cruise, hikes to epic waterfalls and landscape and bird viewing.
- Access to Chimpanzees habituation experiences, includes spending long hours with the Chimpanzees to gain a clear understanding of their social behavior, and mostly at Kibale Forest National Park.
- Chimpanzee trekking (or primate trekking) is a jungle field-based activity in the tourism industry in Uganda. It involves searching, locating and watching Chimpanzees in their wildness in their natural habitat.
- Chimpanzee trekking often occur in the wildlife protected areas, such as, National Parks, Game reserves, Forest reserves and Sanctuaries that are characterized by tropical rain forests, Savannah woodland and grassland -like vegetation, apparently, deemed as a suitable natural habitat for the Chimpanzees.
- Trekking involves doing body physical exercise e walking some
distances for approximately three to five to-5) hours through thick bushes, on very rough terrain, sometimes in fluctuating weather conditions associated with a jungle -like equatorial forest climatic conditions Chimpanzee trekking start in the morning hours. with the assistance of two armed game ranger, one in the front. On finding the Chimpanzees, the park guide allows the tourist to watch and interact with the Chimpanzees at a distance not less than 8 metres, between the tourist and the Chimpanzees, for safety purposes and convenience, while taking pictures, recording videos, observing their social behavior and enjoying the authentic Chimpanzees trekking experience.
What types of Chimpanzee trekking is available in Uganda?
There are three types of chimpanzee trekking in Uganda, namely:
- Chimpanzee habituation experience
- Personalized – behind the scene
- Ordinary Chimpanzee Trekking in the wilderness
Primate (Chimpanzee) Trekking in Uganda offers an opportunity to enjoy authentic
Experience when tourists watch and observe Chimpanzee’s behavior live at the Scene for not more than one hour.
During then Please note that Chimpanzee trekking is not done in the zoo setting as this entails walking on rough terrain for some distance in the thick jungle-like environment with a park ranger’s guide company as you move from one place to another searching for the majestic chimpanzees.
You are accompanied by two armed rangers, to provide security to the team. It is vital for both the tourist (s) and the Tour Safari operator to make thorough preparation, well in advance to make it successfully.
How is Primate Trekking Experience like in Kibale Forest National Park in Uganda?
Kibale Forest National Park is one of the popular National Parks in Uganda endowed with various primates i.e Chimpanzees, Olive Baboons, Red-tailed monkeys, Red Colobus, Black & White Colobus, Guerza Colobus L’Hoest’s Monkeys, Grey Cheeked Mangabeys, and Pottos. There are also bird species in the park and these can be watched.