Where to go on safari in Rwanda
Rwanda has three prime destinations travellers can visit on Safari in Rwanda and these include;
Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park is located in the North Western Part of Rwanda in Ruhengeri District offering amazing Gorilla trekking Tours to all kinds of travellers from all over the globe. While at the Park you watch the Mountain Gorillas in their natural vegetation habitat as they move from one place to another.
Nyungwe Forest National Park
Nyungwe Forest National Park is located in the South Western Part of Rwanda offering remarkable Chimpanzee Tracking Tours in Rwanda. If you are looking to track the Chimpanzees in their natural forest vegetation habitat, visit Rwanda and the forest to watch the Chimpanzees.
Akagera National Park
Akagera National Park is located in the Eastern Part of Rwanda offering amazing Wildlife Safaris to all kinds of travellers from all over the globe interested in watching Wildlife wander around their natural vegetation habitat. Book Car rental in Uganda on Self Drive or Car Rental with a Driver to Rwanda whether as a solo traveler or with friends and family.
Iby’iwachu Cultural Village
Iby’iwachu Cultural Village is located a few kilometres off Volcanoes National Pak offering amazing Cultural Safaris to all kinds of travellers from all over the glove interested in having an insight into the culture and traditions of the local Rwandese people.
Genocide Memorials in Rwanda are also remarkable as they offer you an insight into the lives of the victims and survivors of the tragic Genocide in which various people lost their lives.
Where to stay on safari in Rwanda
While on Safari in Rwanda there are various accommodation/ Safari Lodges you rest and stay in comfortably to enjoy your safari on holiday. The Safari Lodges range from Budget to 5 Star Lodges then Super Luxury Lodges. At the lodges enjoy delicious meals prepared by professional Chefs.
- Best Safari Lodges to Stay in at Volcanoes National Park for Gorilla Trekking (US $1500 per person)
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest
Singita Kwitonda Lodge
Virunga Home Stay & Campsite
Sabinyo Silverback Lodge
Regardless which Gorilla Family you prefer to track the Accommodation is available for all travellers that visit the park to trek the Mountain Gorillas.
- Best Safari Lodges in Nyungwe Forest National Park for Chimpanzee Tracking (US $90 per person)
One & Only Nyungwe House
Nyungwe Nziza Ecolodge
Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
Gisakura Family House
- Best Safari Lodges in Akagera National Park for Wildlife Safaris (Game Drive at US $40 per person)
Ruzizi Tented Lodge
Akagera Game Lodge
Top Most Hotels/ Lodges in Kigali City
Kigali Serena Hotel
Hôtel Chez Lando
Five to Five Hotel
Mille Collines Hotel
Kigali Marriot Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel
The Monor Hotel
Best Time to Visit Rwanda for Safari
Rwanda can be visited anytime of the year by all travellers from all over the world on holiday Tour. Although, the Best Time to visit Rwanda for Safari is from mid-May to mid-October since the season is dry hence offering remarkable Wildlife Safari Adventures and Gorilla trekking Tours.
- Best Time to go Gorilla Trekking at Volcanoes National park Rwanda is in (Mid May, June, July, August to mid-October)
- For Game Viewing in Akagera National Park, the Best Time to visit Rwanda is between (June and September) ie the Dry season when wildlife viewing is clear as well as photography.
- The Best Time to visit Nyungwe Forest National Park is during the wet months, (from October to May) since during this time Chimpanzee Trekking is very ideal.
- The Best Time to go Bird watching in Rwanda is during the months from (December to February) due to the fact it is the migrant bird season.