How much does a Rwanda Safari Cost
The Cost of Safari in Rwanda would depend on the safari adventures/ activities one is interested in while on vacation holiday in Rwanda. For Instance
The Cost varies is determined by the transportation costs (By Road/ Air), Accommodation Type (Budget, Midrange or Luxury) and how you want to see the Gorillas, Wildlife and Chimpanzee in the Park.
- 4 Days Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Tour– US $3,399
- 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour–US $4,835
- 7 Days Wildlife & Chimpanzee Tour –US $2,619
List of Best Animals to watch on Safari in Rwanda
Rwanda is blessed with various wildlife animal species that can be watched on Game Drive, trekking in the forest.
- Mountain Gorillas at Volcanoes National Park
- Golden Monkeys at
- Blue Monkeys
- Spotted Hyenas
- Hamlyn’s Monkeys
What is weather like in Rwanda
Rwanda comprises of temperate tropical highland climate with lower temperatures than other equatorial countries. Kigali City at the middle of the country has a temperature that ranges between 12 °C (54 °F) and 27 °C (81 °F) and 16/17 °C (61/62 °F) at night with less variation annually.
What makes Rwanda different from other safari Destinations?
Various attractions and safari destinations make Rwanda a prime Safari Destination and these include; Mountain Gorillas at Volcanoes National Park, Chimpanzees at Nyungwe Forest National Park, Wildlife at Akagera National Park and Culture at Iby’iwachu Cultural Village.
What to pack for safari in Rwanda
- Safari Clothes like Khaki (light brown and Olive), Jumper, water proof jacket, adjustable sleeves and gloves.
- Travel Documents like Passport, insurance, flight tickets, covid test docs, yellow fever vaccines, Money, Gorilla Trekking Permit.
- Trekking/ Safari Shoes like Light weight hiking shoes and jungle boots to track mountain gorillas as well as flip-flops or sandals.
- Sunscreen cream, moisturizers and glasses.
- Gadgets like iphones or mobile phones, camera, memory card and headlamp.
- Toiletries like wipes, tampons for women and teeth accessories.
- Medical Kit including Hand sanitizer, protective masks, Bandage, antiseptic, anti-diarrhoea, painkillers and bug repellents.
How to get to Rwanda
Rwanda is a beautiful country of rolling hills and can be accessed by use of Air Transport where a flight transfers you from your home country to the Kigali International Airport where you are picked from to transfer you to the safari destination of your choice.
All travellers arriving in Rwanda are required to have a negative COVID-19 certificate. Only accepted COVID 19 test is a SARS-CoV2 Real Time Polymerase (RT-PCR) taken within 72 hours before your departure in Rwanda. Any other forms of COVID-19 tests are not allowed
You will drop at the Kigali International Airport (KGL) located about 10km/6mi from the Kigali City the capital of Rwanda.
While in Rwanda, you can use 4×4 vehicle to transfer you safely to the safari destination of your choice with friends and family.